It’s February which means we’re excited to celebrate the month of love! Our members mean the world to us and to show our love for you, we’re kicking off an Instagram giveaway.
Healthy Happens Together
Whether you’re new to the AF family or you’ve been with us for years, we couldn’t be happier you’re a part of it. The community found inside the walls of our gyms is our greatest pride and it wouldn’t be possible without YOU!
Show Off Your #AFLove
Feel like showing off your #AFLove? Next time you post a gym selfie to Instagram while you’re working up a sweat in your local Anytime Fitness, make sure to show off your purple pride with the hashtag #AFLOVE. Not into gym selfies? No problem! Try sharing a pic of your purple fob or your gym bag packed and ready to hit the purple turf. Whatever way you choose to show your #AFLove will make us smile!
Each entry posted with the hashtag #AFLove will be entered to win a gift basket filled with fit and fun goodies including a foam roller, an exercise mat, workout snacks and more. We’re here to help you continue to make healthy happen!
Here’s how it works:
- Take a picture that shows your #AFLove
- Post the picture to Instagram from February 11thto February 25husing the hashtag #AFLove
- Each participant will be entered to win in a random drawing
- We will repost our favorite entries on our Instagram page
We will draw a winner on February 26thand once the winner is chosen, we will reach out via direct message on your Instagram page!
Need more info? Check out the official details below and get ready to show off your #AFLove.
OFFICIAL RULES – ANYTIME FITNESS® #AFLove
These Official Rules for the Anytime Fitness® #AFLove Instagram sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of Anytime Fitness, LLC (“Sponsor”). Void where prohibited.
Eligibility. To be eligible to win you must be at least 18 years old as of the date prizes are awarded and a legal resident of the United States.
Sponsorship. The sponsor is Anytime Fitness, LLC (“Sponsor”), located at 111 Weir Drive, Woodbury, MN 55125. Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, shareholders, and employees, including without limitation, the immediate family members of such individuals, are not eligible to participate. Sponsor will conduct the Sweepstakes substantially as described in these Official Rules.
Sweepstakes Period. This Sweepstakes period begins on February 11, 2019 at 12:01 AM CST and ends on February 25that 7:00 PM CST (“Sweepstakes Period”).
How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, to enter, entrants post a photo to Instagram demonstrating why they love their Anytime Fitness club using the hashtag “#AFLove”.
Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are final and binding in all respects.
Winner will be selected by random drawing and notified by direct message through Instagram. Winners who fail to respond to Sponsor’s direct message within 72 hours may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner and may refuse to award a prize to a person who is not eligible, has violated a rule, or gained unfair advantage. No other form of entry is valid. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any entry for violation of the Official Rules and may, in its sole discretion, reject or otherwise exclude an entry if deemed invalid or ineligible.
Prize. One winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entrants and one (1) prize will be awarded to the winner. The prizes will each consist of: (1) athletic mat, (1) foam roller, (1) box of shower wipes, (1) electrolyte supplement, (1) Anytime Fitness jacket, (1) box of protein bars, (1) water bottle chosen at Sponsor’s discretion. Each prize has an equivalent cash value not to exceed $175.00.
Winner agrees to accept the prize “as is” and entrants hereby acknowledge that Sponsor is not, in any manner, responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee relative to the prize. Additional terms and conditions may apply and Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable in any way for any cancellations, losses or damages.
Winner is solely responsible for any federal, state, and local taxes. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equivalent value.
Odds. The odds of winning will depend on the number of entries.
Winners Names. Winners’ names are available only within thirty (30) days after the close of the Sweepstakes. To receive the name of the winners, where permitted by law, or a printed copy of the Official Rules, please contact Kristen Pechacek at Kristen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLAIMERS, CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering this Sweepstakes, you promise to abide by the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all respects.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER WITH OR VANDALIZE ANY SPONSOR-OWNED WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION OR RELATED SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE INTERFERE WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE DRAWING, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By entering, each entrant releases, discharges and holds harmless Sponsor and its affiliated companies, and any other party associated with the development, communication or administration of this Sweepstakes, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
Sponsor Entities, Instagram®, Inc., their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, any other entity involved in the development or administration of the Sweepstakes, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for any computer, network, technical, electronic, human or other errors or problems of any kind, for any injury or damage to participants or to any person’s computer or mobile phone relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with entering, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, or late. By participating, each entrant agrees to release and hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of their participation in the Sweepstakes.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram®.
By entering, you confirm that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for votes that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor Entities’ servers or elsewhere.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, for example, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort.
Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability.
APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Washington County, Minnesota. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Minnesota and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Minnesota. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
The Best Workout Routine to Do with Your Significant Other
Valentine’s day is traditionally ensconced with a truckload of chocolates, dining out, flowers and a card for good measure. You know, the greatest hits. All those things are great (especially chocolate!) but there’s another way to stay connected with your swole-mate that costs a whole heck of a lot less and one would argue is far more intimate: a couple’s workout routine.
Let this be 10-30 minutes of blood pumping, heart rate bumping cardio that you each choose. It’s the “getting ready” portion of the workout date and everyone prepares differently. Maybe you both want to run on the treadmill together? Perhaps one of you prefers five minutes on the bike and foam rolling while the other stair climbs? What matters is you’re fired up and ready to light it up together through this next series of exercises!
Round 1 – Best Way to the Heart is Through the Stomach
This starting round is all about getting the entirety of the body into beast mode with a focus on your core. Do the following workout routine all in a row as quickly as you can, three times through. Rest as needed, but keep your hustle high!
- 20 Partner Crunch/Squat-Sits (both of you each do a set)– One of you lays down on the mat with your heels tucked, ready to crunch. The other will anchor their partners feet by standing on them AND holding a down-squat position. Keep your hands high to make the cruncher stretch for it! Hold this while your cohort crunches it out then switch!
- 30 “Showdown” Planks Claps– Get in a straight arm plank position facing your partner (who is doing the same). Make sure you’re an arms width apart and your feet are in a wide stance. Then, simply alternate hand claps with each other!
- 20 Crunch Tosses– Grab a weighted ball of some sort (preferably a soft wrapped one) and lay down on your backs with the bottoms of your feet about a foot away from each other’s. One of you starts with the ball and crunches up, tossing the ball to your partner in the process. Your partner, seated and waiting for the ball will catch it, drop down, crunch up, and toss it back!
- 10 Partner Crawl-and-Jumps– Have one of you get in a downward dog position (hips high enough to crawl under) and have your partner crawl under you while avoiding touching your knees to the ground. Once the crawler has made their way to the other side you’re going to stand up and jump the downward dogger (who has now lowered their hips into a plank) leaving the crawler right back where they started, getting into a downward dog pose immediately. Now the roles reverse! Repeat!
Round 2 – Love is a Battlefield
This next round is going to wear your arms out! You’ve been warned. Do the following exercises all in a row as quickly as you can, three times through. Rest as needed but again, move quickly!
- 20 Partner Crunches– Line up in push-up position facing one another. One of you does a push-up then holds while the other does a push-up, then holds. Repeat for 20 reps. Feel free to modify with your knees down! Just be sure to make sure your hips travel with you to the floor.
- 20 Dumbbell Daps– Grab a pair of dumbbells that you feel comfortable and confident enough in holding out at shoulder height with your arms fully extended. Keep your palms facing each other at all times. One of you starts with your dumbbells extended inside the dumbbells of your partner. You’re then going to raise your dumbbells, give the top of theirs a little “bonk” with yours, then bring your dumbbells outside of theirs making the two of you switch positions. Now they “bonk” your dumbbells in the same fashion! Repeat!
- 20 Band “See-Saws”– Grab a resistance band and then have each of you grab one end. Stand in a shoulder width stance facing each other far enough away so that there is tension on the band while still allowing you room to move it. One of you will raise the end of your band all the way up overhead with their arms extended, engaging the back/shoulder/core/leg muscles while the other drives their end down while hinging at the waist (like you’re hiking a football) with their arms fully extended (engaging all the same muscles). Find a rhythm and build a burn together!
- 30 Jumping Jacks– Nothing fancy here… just both of you doing 30 jumping jacks.
Round 3 – Do the Leg Work
This last round will finalize the workout and get you one step closer to cuddle time. Just…be sure to shower first. Sticking to the same format as the rest do the following exercises all in a row as quickly as you can, three times through. Rest as needed but keep moving!
- 15 Partner Jump Squats– Get in squat position. Squat. Jump as high as you can as you come up. Once you’ve done this, then your partner does the same. The goal is to look like a couple of pistons roaring!
- 20 Lateral Lunge Hand-Offs– Grab a weighted ball of your choice and stand side to side. Make sure you’re about a foot away from one another and in a super wide stance. Wider than it feels like you should be at first. This is important for the range of motion. One of you will start with the ball and lateral lunges towards your partner while the other person is lateral lunging towards you as well. Once you hand the ball off, both of you will lateral lunge away from other before repeating back to center and handing the ball off again. Repeat!
- 20 Lunge Battles (each leg!)– This can be done side to side or facing each other since all that really matters is that you have space to stationary lunge. One of you will start out with doing five lunges while the other holds the down lunge position. Once the lunger has completed five reps, they will now be the one to hold the down lunge position while the other partner does their set of five lunges. Repeat until you’ve both completed 20 lunges… then do the same thing on the other leg!
- 50 Squat-Sit Patty Cakes– Get in a down squat position facing each other. You need to be close enough to play a game of “patty cake” (high five across the body, clap in the center, repeat other side). Do 50 of these! You have to do a lot in order to build that longevity burn!
If you need to do a few minutes of light cardio cool down on a machine, get on it! The highlight will be taking care of each other after with proper nutrition (and snuggles). Whether you’re going out or going home, make sure to fuel up, toast to the great sweat session you both had, and remind yourselves you don’t need to wait until February 14th, 2020 to do this again!
We Can Help You Meet Your Goals
It’s a new year and, for some, that means New Year’s resolutions. If you’re the resolution-making type or you’re just looking to improve your health this year, we are here to help you stay on track.
Let Us Help
Whether you’re just beginning your health journey or you’re a seasoned pro, we can support you every step of the way! Not sure where to start? Follow along and we’ll share all the ways our Anytime Fitness family can help you succeed.
You’ve got goals and our AF Training team is here to help you meet them! Depending on your location, we offer personal, small group and team training. Personal training offers a more hands-on experience to keep you engaged while team training gets the energy pumping with friendly faces cheering you on. Whichever training program meets your needs, rest assured you’ll get the support you want.
My Anytime Fitness App
No time for a group workout or training session? No problem. Thanks to our Anytime Fitness® App, you’ve got access to over 1,100 workouts that will help keep you empowered and active! The benefits don’t stop there. The app also offers goal setting to help you track your progress including your daily activity and calorie intake, allowing you to take control of your health inside and outside the gym.
The Anytime Fitness Blog
We’ve got your workouts and tracking covered, but there’s one key element from the health journey missing—inspiration! If you’re looking for healthy recipe ideas, motivational stories of success or everyday ways you can live a healthier life, the Anytime Fitness Blog is the perfect resource to help you make healthy happen.
Count on us to help you out at the gym, inside your app and on the blog. But if you want even more Anytime Fitness coming your way—make sure to follow us on social! You’ll find entertainment and motivation to help power your healthy journey. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for awesome content you can look forward to, every day.
5 Tips to Stay on Track and Power Through Setbacks
The formula is simple: you set goals, you work towards them in the gym and in the kitchen and things are going great until… they aren’t. Maybe it was a work trip that threw off your routine or maybe it was a cold that had you in bed for three days straight. No matter what the reason is for getting off track—there’s always an opportunity to get back on. We know how hard it can be, so we put together a few suggestions that will inspire you to power through, even when it feels impossible.
Find Your Motivation
When working towards a big goal, failure is a part of the journey—whether we like it or not. But what keeps us going is deeper than the looming swimsuit season or fitting into a pair of skinny jeans. The best way to keep yourself going is to dig deep and find your motivation from within. Exercising and eating well can be a real battle, but we want you to work towards a goal that will make your life healthier and more enjoyable. Forget the superficial benefits your health journey will bring, those are just added bonuses. Are you changing your habits so you can be more present with your family? Or are you ready to prioritize your health and wellness in the new year? Whatever the reason is, make sure it’s powerful enough to build you back up on the bad days and energize you to push even harder on the good days.
Set Short-Term and Long-Term Goals
Goals set without a plan are hard to reach and setting big goals without smaller micro-goals can be even harder. Think about a road trip. If you’re driving cross-country, would you rather drive for days on end without pit stops or entertainment along the way or would you rather break the trip up into mini-trips with fun destinations to keep the drive interesting? My guess is most folks would go with the latter, which is why it’s important to offer yourself short-term goals to meet and keep things moving smoothly.
The Mayo Clinic has a super helpful breakdown on how to set small, attainable goals that serve as milestones in your journey to meet your end goal. Achieving smaller wins will help keep you motivated and can energize your efforts as you continue to work towards your end goal. By working towards long-term and short-term goals, you’ll have a more rewarding journey and won’t make the detours or setbacks feel as detrimental to your efforts.
Plan to Mess Up
The truth is, we’re all human—and that means we’re going to mess up. It could be a strained muscle that puts you out of commission for a few days or maybe you just lose your mojo and have a hard time finding the energy to hit the gym. There are two things you need to remember.
- Everybody messes up.
- You’ll need to reach deep and find the strength to get back on the horse.
If you can remember those two things, you’ll be able to pivot faster and take the setback in stride. Making healthy happen is not a sprint, it’s a marathon and it’s important to pace yourself as you work towards your goals.
Leave Guilt at the Door
You haven’t been to the gym in over a week, ate an entire pizza and gained a pound. What are you going to do? Stop feeling guilty about it and pick up where you left off. When you’re working towards your future goal, it won’t do you any good to live in the past. It’s easy to get bogged down and feel shameful about not sticking to your plan, but in the end—that won’t do anything but keep you further from your goal. Think about how you got derailed and how you might avoid that going forward—but beyond that, keep it moving. There will always be moments of failure but making healthy happen means rolling with the punches and pushing through to your next success. Trust us, it’s just around the corner.
Bottom line: find your swole-mate. Significant others, coworkers, family or friends—whoever helps you stay motivated and makes trips to the gym more fun, bring them with you. Working out with a friend turn your trips to the gym from a chore into the highlight of your day. Don’t take our word for it, the MIT Sloan School of Management published a 5-year study in which they found exercise to be socially contagious, meaning you’re more likely to work out—and work out harder—if your friend is, too.
No workout buddies available? No problem. Our AF trainers are here to help. If you prefer a more hands-on approach, a one-on-one session led by a certified personal trainer is the perfect choice for you! Want to get a bit more social? Group training offers full-body workouts that are designed to build strength and endurance while crowd-sourcing some major energy to keep you going strong. On days when you’re struggling to find the energy to work out, text your pal or book your training session and make healthy happen, together.
Stay Positive, Stay Committed and Make Healthy Happen
Like your mother (probably) says, “progress, not perfection.” If you’re feeling defeated and want to throw in the towel on your health and fitness journey, just remember—every day is a chance to start fresh with a clean slate. So lace up those tennis shoes, remember why you started this journey in the first place and give yourself a pat on the back for where you are at, today. You’ve got this!
Challenge3 months ago
‘Tis the Season to #BurnTheTurkey
Lifestyle4 months ago
Three Green Vinaigrettes That’ll Add Flavor (and color) to Tonight’s Salad
Breakfast4 months ago
Vanilla Blueberry Yogurt Parfait With Steel Cut Oats
Lifestyle4 months ago
Dreading Monday? Shake off the Sunday blues with these tips.
Lifestyle4 months ago
Meal Prep Worksheet + Tips
Fitness4 months ago
Working out with Knee Pain
Fitness4 months ago
Pumpkin Spice Latte Recovery Workout
5 Points4 months ago
Ginger Maple Chicken with Brussels Sprouts & Butternut Squash