It’s February which means we’re excited to celebrate the month of love! Our members mean the world to us and to show our love for you, we’re kicking off an Instagram giveaway.
Healthy Happens Together
Whether you’re new to the AF family or you’ve been with us for years, we couldn’t be happier you’re a part of it. The community found inside the walls of our gyms is our greatest pride and it wouldn’t be possible without YOU!
Show Off Your #AFLove
Feel like showing off your #AFLove? Next time you post a gym selfie to Instagram while you’re working up a sweat in your local Anytime Fitness, make sure to show off your purple pride with the hashtag #AFLOVE. Not into gym selfies? No problem! Try sharing a pic of your purple fob or your gym bag packed and ready to hit the purple turf. Whatever way you choose to show your #AFLove will make us smile!
Each entry posted with the hashtag #AFLove will be entered to win a gift basket filled with fit and fun goodies including a foam roller, an exercise mat, workout snacks and more. We’re here to help you continue to make healthy happen!
Here’s how it works:
- Take a picture that shows your #AFLove
- Post the picture to Instagram from February 11thto February 25husing the hashtag #AFLove
- Each participant will be entered to win in a random drawing
- We will repost our favorite entries on our Instagram page
We will draw a winner on February 26thand once the winner is chosen, we will reach out via direct message on your Instagram page!
Need more info? Check out the official details below and get ready to show off your #AFLove.
OFFICIAL RULES – ANYTIME FITNESS® #AFLove
These Official Rules for the Anytime Fitness® #AFLove Instagram sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of Anytime Fitness, LLC (“Sponsor”). Void where prohibited.
Eligibility. To be eligible to win you must be at least 18 years old as of the date prizes are awarded and a legal resident of the United States.
Sponsorship. The sponsor is Anytime Fitness, LLC (“Sponsor”), located at 111 Weir Drive, Woodbury, MN 55125. Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, shareholders, and employees, including without limitation, the immediate family members of such individuals, are not eligible to participate. Sponsor will conduct the Sweepstakes substantially as described in these Official Rules.
Sweepstakes Period. This Sweepstakes period begins on February 11, 2019 at 12:01 AM CST and ends on February 25that 7:00 PM CST (“Sweepstakes Period”).
How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, to enter, entrants post a photo to Instagram demonstrating why they love their Anytime Fitness club using the hashtag “#AFLove”.
Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are final and binding in all respects.
Winner will be selected by random drawing and notified by direct message through Instagram. Winners who fail to respond to Sponsor’s direct message within 72 hours may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner and may refuse to award a prize to a person who is not eligible, has violated a rule, or gained unfair advantage. No other form of entry is valid. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any entry for violation of the Official Rules and may, in its sole discretion, reject or otherwise exclude an entry if deemed invalid or ineligible.
Prize. One winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entrants and one (1) prize will be awarded to the winner. The prizes will each consist of: (1) athletic mat, (1) foam roller, (1) box of shower wipes, (1) electrolyte supplement, (1) Anytime Fitness jacket, (1) box of protein bars, (1) water bottle chosen at Sponsor’s discretion. Each prize has an equivalent cash value not to exceed $175.00.
Winner agrees to accept the prize “as is” and entrants hereby acknowledge that Sponsor is not, in any manner, responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee relative to the prize. Additional terms and conditions may apply and Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable in any way for any cancellations, losses or damages.
Winner is solely responsible for any federal, state, and local taxes. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equivalent value.
Odds. The odds of winning will depend on the number of entries.
Winners Names. Winners’ names are available only within thirty (30) days after the close of the Sweepstakes. To receive the name of the winners, where permitted by law, or a printed copy of the Official Rules, please contact Kristen Pechacek at Kristen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLAIMERS, CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering this Sweepstakes, you promise to abide by the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all respects.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER WITH OR VANDALIZE ANY SPONSOR-OWNED WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION OR RELATED SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE INTERFERE WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE DRAWING, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By entering, each entrant releases, discharges and holds harmless Sponsor and its affiliated companies, and any other party associated with the development, communication or administration of this Sweepstakes, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
Sponsor Entities, Instagram®, Inc., their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, any other entity involved in the development or administration of the Sweepstakes, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for any computer, network, technical, electronic, human or other errors or problems of any kind, for any injury or damage to participants or to any person’s computer or mobile phone relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with entering, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, or late. By participating, each entrant agrees to release and hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of their participation in the Sweepstakes.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram®.
By entering, you confirm that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for votes that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor Entities’ servers or elsewhere.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, for example, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort.
Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability.
APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Washington County, Minnesota. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Minnesota and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Minnesota. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
5 Ways to Set Healthy Grocery Shopping Habits
Food and water. We desperately need these things to survive… yet with today’s accessibility to all things devilishly decadent and delicious, it’s just as easy to slowly erode ourselves with them instead. The definition of “too much of a good thing” turns tragic when we can’t seem to get out of our own way no matter how hard we try. If you’re jazzed with your shopping routine and daily food choices, then rest that weary brain of yours… this article isn’t for you. However, if you need a kick in the pants when it comes to the “healthy shopping habits” dance then lace up, partner! We’re about to go to grocery boot camp!
- Don’t Shop Hungry. This advice is going to be novel tovery few of you (but it’s still fresh enlightenment for someone!) yet its importance cannot be stressed enough. We’re starting with this one because it has the potential to knock the rest of this list off it’s axis in spectacular fashion.Shopping hungry can make your sensibility take a back seat as your sensational cravings confiscate the wheel and steer you towards all the things that would just be SO good right now. With your defenses down, hunger high and anything you could POSSIBLY want staring you smack dab in the face, our “alarm clock reasoning” chimes in. That’s the negotiation tactic we use in the morning when we convince ourselves hitting the snooze button five times in a row is OK. Your brain filters out what doesn’t haveto be done, then nixes some more “needs,” then a couple more… and you’re totally OK with it every time. Until you’re fully awake AND GO INTO ABSOLUTE PANIC MODE AND REALIZE YOU MADE A SERIES OF TERRIBLE MISTAKES.At that point, it’s too late. Shopping hungry brings that same beast to the surface in broad daylight, with zero shame, and fills your cart full of uninvited items that were never even on the list to begin with. Sure, they would be tasty… but stick to the plan.
- Blueprint Your Intention. That title is a just a fancy way of saying “make a shopping list,” but with a twist. Creating an itemized checklist of what you’re plunking your hard-earned dollars down on is important, but so is the intentionthat goes with it. Don’t just stop at strategizing for the store, game plan what you want to get out of your grocery bag.Are you trying to eat better for lunch or dinner? Are you ready to start eating breakfast in the mornings? Trying to shed some pounds? Attempting to put some on? Need to lower your cholesterol or increase your fiber? Got a big event coming up? Understanding your goals and taking a laser-focused approach to every aspect is going to maximize your efficiency whilst keeping you on track during one of the easiest points to derail: food shopping. Create the blueprint and drop the hammer to it.
- Cut the Sugar. Seriously, cut it. Get rid of it, the excess anyway. Naturally occurring sugars that show up in fruits, vegetables, dairy, and honey (to name the big ones) are good in proper moderation… but you’re hard-pressed to find an excuse good enough to add in extra processed sugar.Too much sugar fluxes your insulin, which is your “master hormone” in charge of shuttling carbohydrates, amino acids and fats into the cells of your body. Surplus sugar on a regular basis overworks your insulin like a factory worker putting in quadruple overtime, every day, without a break. Eventually the sugar-straw breaks the insulin-camel’s back. Your hormone regulating all those carbs, aminos and fatty acids literally can’t anymore. Your triglycerides are going to shoot through the roof, putting you at a much higher risk for heart disease. Your energy levels are perpetually abysmal when sugar is a constant. We could keep going, but the point has been sharpened.
Need more insight? Check out “That Sugar Film!”
Like Uncle Joey from “Full House” would say; Cut. It. Out.
- Play to Your Strengths and Plan for Your Weaknesses. If you’ve already got some health hits lined up in your arsenal that you’re routinely stoked about, then keep those as highlighted mainstays! It’s a major health trend to see how varied and exotic we can make our meals but let’s be real… Sometimes a simple salad, chicken and rice, hearty soup, basic sandwich, or boring ol’ eggs and oatmeal (for a few examples of the delightfully mundane) are not only great fallbacks to keep you kicking butt, but sometimes paramount in maintaining your sanity. You’ve got a million decisions to make and projects to take on all the time. Stick to your strengths and old faithfuls when applicable.On the flipside, you must “plan for your weaknesses.” If you’re the type where a single serving of chips is “the entire bag” and a proper portion of ice cream is a pint then you should plan avoid having those things in your home. If you know, no matter how hard you wish upon a star, breakfast is not on the menu, then you should probably plan a meal replacement powder or smoothie instead. If your crux is lunch and all the fantastically scrumptious options near your work, then you should probably pack a lunch.
Flex your strengths, nix your vices and come out on top every time.
- Have Healthy Back-Ups. The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. No matter how precise and motivated you are with your planning, Murphy’s law assures you somethingwill go wrong. It’s how we react to these hiccups that inevitably seals our fate of fortune which is why it’s good to have a safety net when your plan falls apart.Luckily, we’re alive at a time where there are a ton of health-focused frozen food options primed and ready to be your back-up. Another great methodology is figuring out which stores, restaurants, delis or cafés around you have options that fit your blueprint of intent for those times when you MUST stop somewhere for something quick. If you have those spots already orchestrated, then it takes the anxiety of the situation away while leaving you primed for prosperity.
Plan the work and work the plan. Happy grocery shopping!
4 Ways to Stay on Track on Vacation
When you’re leaving the daily grind behind and heading on a vacation, it can be easy to let your fitness routine fall to the wayside. We’re offering some tips to keep you engaged and on track in your fitness journey. Have any tips or tricks you swear by? Don’t forget to share in the comments, we’re in this together!
Embrace being a local and walk, bike or run to explore new locations
Walk to a local coffee shop. Enjoy the sights and sounds along the way. Run the trails, neighborhoods and streets.
One of my favorite ways to explore: Bike sharing! Bike sharing popularity has been on the rise all over the world since the 60s. In 2017, 35 million bike-share trips took place in the U.S. It’s app based and easy. It also takes many of us back to childhood. There’s a joy and a freedom that comes with riding. Biking gives us an opportunity to breathe it all in, and go with the flow.
Try something new
A highlight of one of my favorite work trips was with my first encounter with Airbnb Experiences. Airbnb Experiences are activities designed and led by inspiring locals. They go beyond typical tours or classes by immersing guests in each host’s unique world. It’s an opportunity for anyone to share their hobbies, skills, or expertise. Swim with sea lions, hike to hidden waterfalls, or learn how to surf or cook! Trying new things is an important part of any health and fitness journey.
Pack healthy snacks or plan to stop and shop
Nothing’s worse than being hungry on the road or delayed somewhere. Pack healthy snacks like protein bars, nuts, seeds, dried fruit (in moderation), light popcorn or crackers. If I’m leaving for a while, I’ll even have Amazon prime ship me snacks in bulk like Paleo snack packs. You can always stop and grab your own, and of course it’s always best to cook some of your own meals if you can.
Bring your own water bottle and stay hydrated
If you’re struggling to get water in your daily routine it might be even harder on vacation. Planes are especially dehydrating and drying. Bringing your own bottle will help push you to keep drinking, not to mention avoid overpriced bottled water at the airport. Most of us maintain water and bloat during flights; drinking more water will help flush out any bloating and keep your body functioning properly.
The Best Snacks for On-the-Go
We’ve all read or heard the saying, “I’m sorry for what I said when I was hungry.” When your blood sugar dips into the red, it can be hard to keep your cool and stay on track in your health journey—which is why we’re sharing our favorite recipes and snack ideas that can fit in your desk drawer, car console, purse or diaper bag.
If you love a nutty snack, these recipes are perfect for you! Loaded with protein and good fats, these snacks will keep you full, energized and ready for anything.
Recipes can be wonderful, but not everyone has time to mix up their snacks! Below are some quick ideas for you to literally grab on the run. We recommend portioning out snacks at the beginning of the week so you can stay on track, on the fly.
- String cheese and grapes
- Dried fruits and nut mix
- Jerky (beef or turkey, but turkey is leaner!)
- Hardboiled eggs
- Protein drinks
If you need more ideas (who doesn’t?), don’t miss our awesome roundup of 20 portable snacks you’ll love!
Lifestyle6 months ago
Three Green Vinaigrettes That’ll Add Flavor (and color) to Tonight’s Salad
Challenge5 months ago
‘Tis the Season to #BurnTheTurkey
Breakfast6 months ago
Vanilla Blueberry Yogurt Parfait With Steel Cut Oats
Lifestyle6 months ago
Dreading Monday? Shake off the Sunday blues with these tips.
Lifestyle6 months ago
Meal Prep Worksheet + Tips
Fitness6 months ago
Working out with Knee Pain
Health6 months ago
Incorporating Spaghetti Squash into Any Meal of the Day
Fitness6 months ago
Pumpkin Spice Latte Recovery Workout